General description and main responsibilities:
Cortus is a French fabless semiconductor manufacturing group with a presence in several EU countries.
Cortus designs and sells microcontrollers (MCUs) and system-on-chips (SoCs) for Consumer, Automotive and IoT/5G NB-IoT applications, as well as high performance processor chips for HPC, Server, Mobile and AI Edge Computing using its large own proprietary IP portfolio including processors 32/64 bits (Cortus ISA and RISC-V ISA), digital, RF, analog, mixed-signal, security, safety, peripherals and embedded SW. Cortus offers the complete ecosystem (IDE, compiler, debugger, SDK, Development Board, etc). . Over 15 billion devices have been produced using the Cortus processors and Ips, and 1.2 billion units shipped per year.
Cortus is one of the dozen Platinum Founding members of the RISC-V foundation.
Cortus is working on the next generation of high-end RISC-V processors for supercomputers.
For this, we are looking for talented Digital IC Design Engineers (m/f) with all levels of experience to strengthen our dynamic and innovation-driven R&D team for our Center of Excellence in Valencia (Spain) where is planned to hire 20+ engineers by 2023/2024.
The candidate(s) must have a background in digital electronic design with at least 2+ years of experience in digital front-end design and in-depth knowledge of the entire VLSI flow to perform all duties for the own block/IP.
The candidate(s) will be well versed with advanced RTL design from module/block level specifications to RTL verification to provide best-in-class PHY designs for high-performance and/or low power applications.
He/She will be involved in all phases of the design, from concept study and specification, architecture definition, design and verification, to silicon bring-up and characterization directly interacting with system architects, AMS design teams, verification engineers and software team to lead prototyping and emulation flows of the in-house developed processor cores.
The ideal applicants should be familiar on working in a multicultural environment and with teams spread over several sites.
- Engineering degree or Master or equivalent in Microelectronics/Telecommunications/Computer Science;
- Deep experience in defining IPs with high-quality RTL description, including assertions, for the design;
- Experience in designing of state machines, data paths, arbitration and clock domain crossing logic;
- Proficiency to design using System Verilog or VHDL
- Experience with ModelSim, Microsemi Libero, and Git/Gitlab integration;
- Capability to drive functional and code coverage as well as timing closure for the designs;
- Knowledge of formal tools to support design verification work-out toward a bug-free first silicon;
- Knowledge of Design For Testability (DFT) techniques;
- Knowledge in configuration database management (Git, SVN);
- Scheduling and reporting activities;
- English language written and spoken;
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills;
- Able to assume responsibility for a variety of technical tasks and troubleshooting;
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to achieve deadlines.
The candidates with higher educational degree (PhD) and/or extensive professional experience involving similar requirements are strongly exhorted to apply since the related skills will be strongly taken into account within the fast-growing context of the CORTUS’ organization.
Highly preferred skills (plus)
- Experience with RISK-V ISA;
- Experience with DDR;
- Basic Experience in Digital Signal Processing (DSP);
- Software development using C/C++;
- Script programming language (e.g. perl, shell, phyton);
- Familiar with real-time embedded software (especially debugging).
Job type, primary locations and application reference
Full time with permanent contract
Location: Valencia, Spain
Application reference: CRTS-SP-MAL-2310-DIG
Benefits of working at CORTUS
This position is open to engineers of all levels (higher levels will be considered for the ideal candidate) and carries an attractive salary, meal card, health and care insurance. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated.
CORTUS commits to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from candidate willing to work in an environment that allows initiative and requires flexibility. In this context, the selected applicants will join a team of exceptionally experienced colleagues who work passionately on everything from silicon chip designs to cloud web interfaces. Periodical open Q&A sessions with the executive team. Open time-off policy paired with a profound respect for work-life balance.