General description and main responsibilities
CORTUS is working on the next generation of IoT connectivity modems building up 5G massive Machine Type Communication (mMTC) chipset that will define ultra–low power, high reliability and low–cost benchmarks for SoC products.
To become a chip leader in wireless connectivity for the IoT market, we are looking for Mid/Senior FPGA/DSP Design Engineers (m/f) for our R&D centers of excellence.
The candidate must have a background in digital electronic design with at least 5+ years of experience in hardware development languages (e.g. Verilog and System Verilog) and well knowledged of the entire VLSI flow.
The candidate will be well versed with verification methodology and test bench architecture as well as simulation of designs using software tools and FPGA platforms. He/She will directly interact with Digital Design, AMS teams and the software team to lead prototyping and emulation flows of System–On–Chip in–house developed.
The ideal applicants should be familiar on working in a multicultural environment and with teams spread over several sites.
▪ Engineering Msc. or Bsc. degree in Electronics/Telecommunications/Computer Science or equivalent;
▪ Deep experience in design, simulate and implement synthesizable RTL for high performance DSP functions on FPGAs platform using VHDL or Verilog;
▪ Deep Experience in FPGA design, simulation / verification, synthesis, timing constraints and timing closure, clock domain crossing, verification and debugging;
▪ Experience to perform architecture and RTL design of 5G NB–IoT and BLE wireless communication systems including documentation, RTL coding, unit and system level simulation;
▪ Experience with ModelSim, Microsemi Libero, Matlab/Simulink, or equivalent, main FPGA software suite (e.g. Vivado, Quartus), and Git/Gitlab integration;
▪ Capability to handle board level integration with hardware, software and drive developers;
▪ Knowledge of implementing Finite Impulse Response (FIR & IIR) Filters, Fast Fourier Transform (FFT), Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT), Kalman filter, noise estimation, etc. design structures;
▪ Scheduling and reporting activities;
▪ English language written and spoken;
▪ Proven communication/interpersonal skills;
▪ Able to assume responsibility for a variety of technical tasks and troubleshooting;
▪ Strong sense of responsibility and ability to achieve deadlines.
Highly preferred skills (plus)
▪ Familiar with OFDM digital signa modulation and demodulation;
▪ Experience with RISK–V ISA;
▪ Experience in UVM process and Coverage–Driven Constrained Random functional verification;
▪ Software development using C/C++;
▪ Script programming language (e.g. perl, shell, phyton);
▪ Familiar with real–time embedded software (especially debugging).
Job type, primary locations and application reference
Full time with permanent contract
Primary locations: LECCE, (Apulia region), Italy
web interfaces. Periodical open Q&A sessions with the executive team. Open time–off policy paired with a profound
respect for work/life balance.