General description and main responsibilities:
Cortus is a French fabless semiconductor manufacturing group with a presence in several EU countries.
Cortus designs and sells microcontrollers (MCUs) and system-on-chips (SoCs) for Consumer, Automotive and IoT/5G NB-IoT applications, as well as high performance processor chips for HPC, Server, Mobile and AI Edge Computing using its large own proprietary IP portfolio including processors 32/64 bits (Cortus ISA and RISC-V ISA), digital, RF, analog, mixed-signal, security, safety, peripherals and embedded SW. Cortus offers the complete ecosystem (IDE, compiler, debugger, SDK, Development Board, etc). . Over 15 billion devices have been produced using the Cortus processors and Ips, and 1.2 billion units shipped per year.
Cortus is one of the dozen Platinum Founding members of the RISC-V foundation.
Cortus is working on the next generation of high-end RISC-V processors for supercomputers.
For this, we are looking for talented IC Test Engineers (m/f) with all levels of experience to strengthen our dynamic and innovation-driven R&D team for our Center of Excellence in Valencia (Spain) where is planned to hire 3 engineers by 2023/2024.
The candidate(s) must have a solid background in microelectronic with at least 5+ years of hands-on experience in developing test plans, developing ATE test program, for validation of silicon SoC.
As an IC Test Engineer, the candidate(s) will specify and develop product functional characterization process as well as definition of test plans and DFT patterns for volume production.
He/She will directly interact with system architect, Digital Design teams, AMS teams and the software team to lead the test process for functional verification and mass production of the CORTUS’ SoC family product. The candidate(s) combines knowledge in electronics, software and electrical measurements, creating an automated measurement algorithm to find defective ICs.
The ideal applicants should be familiar on working in a multicultural environment and with teams spread over several sites.
- Engineering degree or Master or equivalent in Microelectronics/Telecommunications/Computer Science;
- Take ownership of a complete test solution development;
- Ensure the test solution robustness for sustainable production testing;
- Create and validate the hardware (PCB) and software (test program) needed for the test solution;
- Hands-on experience with lab test and validation equipment (e.g. oscilloscope, logic analyzer, spectrum analyzer, radio communication tester, etc.);
- Expertise in test strategies development, test plans definition, DFT patterns.
- Experience in crafting and debugging ATE software programs and hardware for characterization, qualification, and production of SoC devices;
- Proficiency in programming with Scripting languages (i.e., perl, shell, phyton) and high level languages (i.e., C/C++ or Visual Basic.);
- Infographic capability to document the tests and test results;
- Capability to handle board level integration with hardware, software and drive developers;
- Knowledge in storage products is desired as well as familiarity with ATE architecture, and IC packaging techniques and types;
- Knowledge of Semiconductor Manufacturing Process and understanding of semiconductor product life cycle;
- Scheduling and reporting activities;
- English language written and spoken;
- Proven communication/interpersonal skills;
- Able to assume responsibility for a variety of technical tasks and troubleshooting;
- Strong sense of responsibility and ability to achieve deadlines.
The candidates with higher educational degree (PhD) and/or extensive professional experience involving similar requirements are strongly exhorted to apply since the related skills will be strongly taken into account within the fast-growing context of the CORTUS’ organization.
Highly preferred skills (plus)
- Familiar with VLSI digital formal Verification and Validation design flow;
- Familiarity with failure analysis techniques;
- Experience with data analysis software in support of characterization reports and yield reporting tools such as excel vba, galaxy, or data conductor.
Job type, primary locations and application reference
Full time with permanent contract.
Location: Valencia, Spain
Application reference: CRTS-SP-MAL-2310-TESTE
Benefits of working at CORTUS
This position is open to engineers of all levels (higher levels will be considered for the ideal candidate) and carries an attractive salary, meal card, health and care insurance. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated.
CORTUS commits to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from candidate willing to work in an environment that allows initiative and requires flexibility. In this context the selected applicants will join a team of exceptionally capable colleagues who work passionately on everything from silicon chip designs to cloud web interfaces. Periodical open Q&A sessions with the executive team. Open time-off policy paired with a profound respect for work/life balance.