General description and main responsibilities
CORTUS is working on the next generation of IoT connectivity modems building up 5G massive Machine Type Communication (mMTC) chipset that will define ultra–low power, high reliability and low–cost benchmarks for SoC products that rely on NB–IoT, BLE and IEEE 802.15.4.
To become a chip leader in wireless connectivity for the IoT market, we are looking for Junior/Mid Power Management IC Design Engineers (m/f) for our R&D centers of excellence.
The candidate must have a solid background in Analog and Mixed Signal microelectronic with at least 2+ years of experience in power management IC design.
As a Power Management IC designer, you will develop new efficient DC/DC IPs (e.g. bucks, boosts, buck–boosts converters, charge pumps, chargers, LDOs) and implement circuit design with best–practice layout techniques. He/She will directly interact with system architects, Digital design team, AMS design teams and Back–End
engineers for the integration of the Power Management functions into the CORTUS’ SoC family product for wireless connectivity.
The ideal applicants should be familiar on working in a multicultural environment and with teams spread over several sites.
▪ Engineering Msc. or Bsc. degree in Electronics/Telecommunications or equivalent;
▪ Deep experience in design and optimization of voltage regulator high level architecture and low–level circuits; knowing which are suitable for given applications;
▪ Experience in power management architecture topologies, such as PWM control, constant–on–time control, and voltage/current mode controls;
▪ Capability to handle the design of CMOS/BCD power management circuits (buck, boost, LDOs, bandgaps, bias, comparators, and op–amps ) with main EDA tools and meeting performance, area, power and speed constraints;
▪ Capability to review and provide feedback for Printed Circuit Board design from a power perspective and associated I/O;
▪ Knowledge of physical construction and characteristics of capacitor and inductors (on–chip and off–chip);
▪ Knowledge of Latch–Up and ESD phenomena to assure the functional security of the system
▪ Scheduling and reporting activities;
▪ English language written and spoken;
▪ Proven communication/interpersonal skills;
▪ Able to assume responsibility for a variety of technical tasks and troubleshooting;
▪ Strong sense of responsibility and ability to achieve deadlines.
Highly preferred skills (plus)
▪ Experience modeling circuits in Matlab, VerilogA, Python, or C for concepts prior to implementation;
▪ Validate analog/power designs on a lab bench using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc;
▪ Design with detailed testability; write test plans for trim and calibration; collaborate with test engineers;
▪ Script programming language (e.g. perl, shell, phyton);
▪ Familiar with real–time embedded software (especially debugging).
Job type, primary locations and application reference
Full time with permanent contract
Primary locations: LECCE, (Apulia region), Italy