General description and main responsibilities
Cortus is working on next generation IoT connectivity modems building up 5G massive Machine Type Communication (mMTC) chipset that will define ultra–low power, high reliability and low–cost benchmarks for SoC products that rely on NB–IoT, BLE and IEEE 802.15.4.To become a chip leader in wireless connectivity for the IoT market, we are looking for Mid/senior Radio Frequency Design engineers by 2022 in order to strengthen our on–site team.
The candidate must have a solid background in RF microelectronic with at least 3+ years of experience in Radio Frequency IC design.
As a Radio Frequency Ic designer, the candidate will specify, design, layout and test Radio frequency (e.g. PA, LNA/LNTA, mixer, HF oscillators, LO driver, VGA and TIA blocks in deep sub–micron CMOS technology) directly interacting with system architects, Digital design team, AMS design teams and test engineers for the integration of the RF functions into the CORTUs’ SoC family product for wireless connectivity.
The ideal applicants should be familiar on working in a multicultural environment and with teams spread overs several sites.
▪ Engineering Msc. or Bsc. degree in Electronics/Telecommunications or equivalent;
▪ Direct tape–out experience in design and test of one or more of the following RF blocks: PA, LNA, mixer, HF oscillators, LO driver, VGA and TIA;
▪ Experience in Power Management architecture typologies, such as PWM control, constant–on–time control, and voltage/current mode controls
▪ Capability to handle the design of CMOS/BCD power management circuits (nuck, boost, LDOs, bandgaps, bias, comparators, and op–amps) with main EDA tools and meeting performance, area, power and speed constraints
▪ Capability to review and provide feedback for Printed Circuit Board design from a power perspective and associated I/O
▪ Knowledge of physical construction and characteristics of capacitor and inductors (on–chip and off–chip)
▪ Knowledge of Latch–Up and ESD phenomena to assure the functional security of the system
▪ English language written and spoken
Highly preferred skills (plus)
• Experience modeling circuits in Matlab, VerilogA, Python, or C for concepts prior to implementation
• Validate analog/power design on a lab bench using spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, etc
• Design with detailed testability, write test plans for trim and calibration, collaborate with test engineers
• Software development using C/C++
• Script programming language (e.g. perl, shell, phyton)
• Familiar with real–time embedded software (especially debugging)
Job type, primary locations and application reference
Full time with permanent contract
Primary locations: LECCE, (Apulia region), Italy