General description and main responsibilities:
Cortus is a French fabless semiconductor manufacturing group with a presence in several EU countries.
Cortus designs and sells microcontrollers (MCUs) and system-on-chips (SoCs) for Consumer, Automotive and IoT/5G NB-IoT applications, as well as high performance processor chips for HPC, Server, Mobile and AI Edge Computing using its large own proprietary IP portfolio including processors 32/64 bits (Cortus ISA and RISC-V ISA), digital, RF, analog, mixed-signal, security, safety, peripherals and embedded SW. Cortus offers the complete ecosystem (IDE, compiler, debugger, SDK, Development Board, etc). . Over 15 billion devices have been produced using the Cortus processors and Ips, and 1.2 billion units shipped per year.Cortus is one of the dozen Platinum Founding members of the RISC-V foundation.
Cortus is working on the next generation of high-end RISC-V processors for supercomputers.
For this, we are looking for a highly motivated and experienced Site Director (m/f) to manage day-to-day business operations for our Center of Excellence in Valencia, Spain.
The candidate(s) must have a solid technical background in microelectronic with at least 15+ years of experience in semiconductor or equivalent.
The Site Director is to be an on-site leader and direct leadership and team-members to achieve key goals and objectives that drive long term growth for the organization. The Site Director is responsible for the overall performance of the site through leadership of teams that include Engineering, Production Planning and Project Management.
In this role, the Site Director will drive team execution of the defined operational plans and be responsible for growing and developing future talent.
- Manage day-to-day business operations;
- Take all measures and carry out all the necessary formalities to comply with the local authorities
- Interface with partners such as local authorities, universities/labs, associations, banks, chartered accountants, etc;
- Lead and coordinate the local team;
- Monitor and track project progress to ensure the team remains focused and on schedule;
- Develop the Center of Excellence and product strategy alongside the Board of Directors;
- Understand and build a local network;
- Coordinate training and onboarding of new employees;
- Ensure training compliance with internal procedures and processes;
- Set clear performance objectives and development plan;
- Report regularly on site and team performance, forecasts and progress in product development.
- Engineering degree or Master or equivalent in Microelectronics/Telecommunications/Computer Science;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Must be able to lead multi-skilled and cross-functional teams including technical staff to bring resolution of complex problems;
- Team player and leader;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, mediation and negotiation skills;
- Strong and effective written and verbal communication skills;
- English language written and spoken;
Job type, primary locations and application reference
Full time with permanent contract.
Location: Valencia, Spain
Application reference: CRTS-SP-MAL-2310-SDIR
Benefits of working at CORTUS
This position is open to engineers of all levels (higher levels will be considered for the ideal candidate) and carries an attractive salary, meal card, health and care insurance. Collaboration and teamwork are highly valued, and accomplishments are duly celebrated.
CORTUS commits to a diverse and inclusive workplace and welcomes applications from candidate willing to work in an environment that allows initiative and requires flexibility. In this context the selected applicants will join a team of exceptionally capable colleagues who work passionately on everything from silicon chip designs to cloud web interfaces. Periodical open Q&A sessions with the executive team. Open time-off policy paired with a profound respect for work/life balance.